Friday, July 10, 2009

How the Shhhedule's going

Most people would probably post an update about their new Summer Schedule after - say, a week. I have such a short attention span that I am here ONE day later to tell you how it's going.

It's going great!

Ha! Ha ha!

No, really, though. Yesterday we got back to The Horse and His Boy. We're near the end and I have to say that I thought I was not going to like this book at all, but once we got around halfway, I realized I was pretty into it and liking the new characters quite a lot. I think it maybe helped that we took a break for a week and read Traitor in the Tower while Malachi was at camp. That was a book I thought would bore me to bits but I really REALLY liked reading it to the kids and I learned a ton from it!

Also I felt good yesterday about doing Wii Fit, and I cleaned off my laundry room shelves, which had bred rags like crazy. Whew! Gotta supervise things in there!

Today I did not do any sort of exercise or outside time at all but instead read my e-mails and tended my farm and other things that don't actually matter. Then we started working on a Seeds book that I downloaded for free a while back. It's like a lapbook but all in workbook form, all about seeds! Fun! We did 4 pages of that and it was much enjoyed by all children. Then we went to Wal-Mart to return an ice cream maker and to the store for food.

We came home and ate lunch and read our book again, though I had to stop early because everyone was very interrupty today.

And now I have to figure out how and why one particular child has lost the 2" usb pluggy-inny-part of the mouse while traveling from the table to the desk and back. How does this happen?? And I should also put away the groceries and do those afternoon chores.

5 comments:

  1. And now I have to figure out how and why one particular child has lost the 2" usb pluggy-inny-part of the mouse while traveling from the table to the desk and back. How does this happen??

    Haaa Haaa. You have a RYAN! I'm continually amazed at what that boy can manage to do in so little time and space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be updating at 1 day later too! For me it would be all down hill after day one. I hope you keep up the energy and have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a lovely family and lifestyle, I enjoyed reading a little about it.

    Thanks for pointing out the spelling error on my photograpHy blog...it was very much appreciated! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not wonder any longer how kids lose things along their daily steps and stops - I do it all the time!!! Right before July 4th, like everyone else that considers themselves a true-blue American, I pulled out my "small appliance" file and searched for my two ice cream makers' manuals. I found them, took them to my desk, glanced at their recipes, lost five pounds from drooling (jk...if only it was that easy!), then put them away. But I didn't remember putting them away. When the time came to make my ice cream, I spent 20 whole minutes searching every nook and cranny of my house, only looking in the file as a last resort. There they sat, looking quite smug. At least I found them. Hope you find what you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about this post is "schhhhhedule"- I can just hear you saying ut. LOL

    ReplyDelete