Saturday, April 26, 2008

Inside Out

A few nights ago Alif was out and the kids were in bed, so I was alone with my thoughts, which is pretty unusual around here. I sat down with a clean piece of binder paper and a pen and thought it would be a nice time to write out some areas of self-improvement that I'd like to work on. I thought I'd come up with about 4-6 general areas. Half an hour and Supernanny in the background later, I had more than filled up that sheet of binder paper. I was surprisingly not depressed about this. I pictured my PBPGINFWMY pin (please be patient; God is not finished with me yet) and said to myself, I said self (I know you hate me for saying that), "This is a job for my God." I also thought that it's no wonder God keeps us on this Earth for more than a few years. He's got a lot of work to do on hearts like mine!

ANYway. About 6-8 self-improvement ideas in, I realized that there is no way I can make these changes on my own. I need help. I need advice. I need support or at least commiseration. That is where you come in!

Introducing . . . . INSIDE OUT! Inside Out will focus on areas of improvement. Notice I've dropped the "self"? This is work for a big God, not for a puny gal like me. I've tried and tried and failed and failed. I need God to make these changes inside my heart, and because of his promise to me in Philippians 1:6 I know that He will not fail. He will not give up.

Come along with me, won't you? Let's focus on some areas that we struggle in and see just what our big, faithful God can really do! In the next day or two I'll reveal our first focus area. 'Til then! ::muah::

3 comments:

  1. I'm in this with you all the way. inside out, upside down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally there, Emily. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete