Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coty Cuties Tutorial

I have taken up couponing, which means that I am stocking up on some things around the house - mostly bathroom things like shampoo, razors, toothpaste, things like that. I realized pretty quickly that I'd need to sort out the stuff in my bathroom to organize and make room for it all. I did that today and it looks great and feels so good to have everything I need at my fingertips without sorting through a lot of extra.

In my organizing, I came across two empty Coty loose powder containers. At first I gave them to Caris, which thrilled her, but then as I was sorting out our hair things, I saw what great little storage containers they would make. I asked her if that would be ok and she said sure.

I picked out a couple of pretty papers . . .
Cut them to size . . .
And used Mod Podge and a foam brush to adhere the papers to the Coty containers. I certainly didn't do a perfect job, but they look so sweet in my medicine cabinet! One holds fabric rubber bands and headbands and the other holds clear rubber bands and bobby pins. Nice and neat and cute!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what an AWESOME idea- totally copying that. And getting some of that powder - forgot how awesome that stuff is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, that powder make me think of high school, you have used that stuff for a long time!!!

    ReplyDelete