Thursday, November 18, 2010

Evaluating

If you blog, you've probably read lots of times about how important it is to evaluate why you're blogging, and let your answers dictate your blogging style and content.

I haven't really done that.  It's funny when I think about it, how eclectic my entire life is.  If I take a personality test, the results are usually some strangely clashing answer that indicates that I might be an unstable person.  Trying to settle on a decorating style for my home is equally frustrating.  Oooh, that French Country home is so lovely!  Oh man, that funky modern one is awesome too!  But wait, I love that "traditional with a twist" house! 

Anyway, I've never really wrapped my mind about why I want to blog.  Do I want to just preserve memories and have fun doing it?  Do I hope to supplement my husband's income?  I cringe at taking personality tests these days.  The hope is gone that one will really peg me.  My home goes basically undecorated because I can't even decide on colors, much less an actual style.  And yeah, clearly my blog is suffering too.

But guess what?  I have actually come to a conclusion in this matter!  Are you ready?

I really just want to write. 

Ta-daaa!  That's my answer.  I love to write.  I started keeping a diary when I was a little girl and have kept one going ever since.  Like I told my kids today, I was most prolific during junior high and high school, but sometimes still I just need to process, and I'm a visual learner, so seeing my thoughts in print is highly satisfying.

So.  I'm sorry you can't ever know what to expect when you come here . . . but then again, maybe that's part of my charm.  Ha!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your style...I am a little all over the place myself!! I blog when I can and don't when I can't...whatever comes to mind...I write!
    I love to visit your beautiful family, even if it has to be from a computer!!

    ReplyDelete