Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Summer Sewin'

I came across what looked like a really fun sewing project yesterday - so fun, in fact, that I jumped right in! I've been wanting to make quilts for Caris and Canaan, and though this design isn't my absolute favorite, I do think it's cute and totally doable. So hooray, in a couple months' time I'll be well on my way to getting these done! Here are the first two blocks:
Last year I found myself lacking in pajama shorts. My options were: raid Alif's soccer shorts, wear too-hot pajama capris, or no pj bottoms at all which I don't enjoy. This morning I got two pairs of shorts started. By the end of today my goal is to have four pairs done. That ought to be enough! The one on the left is from a vintage sheet and the one on the right is the fabric I am tempted to use for my living room curtains. I love it so, so much. Just not sure I'll love it as curtains, and I don't want to waste it. Here are the shorts cut and sewn, just needing to be hemmed and elastic put in:

9 comments:

  1. Those are darling! Look how busy and creative your hands have been!!!! Vintage sheets make me wanna curl up and say, "Ahhhhh, sweet slumber!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain and need some PJ shorts. I think I will make some in May or June. Keep the ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt squares. The fabrics are sooo cute. I need some summer pjs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, soo cute! Love the quilt squares! And jammie shorts are a great idea! I bet the vintage sheet would be nice and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way too crafty! Love the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never make stuff for myself, just everyone else! Way to go :) Come to think of it, I need some pj shorts too...hmm.... maybe if i start them now and work on them between sewing for everyone else i will have them done by next summer! ROFL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been so productive :) I think it's awesome! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhm, I have those exact same blue flowered sheets. And in yellow too. I have all of my childhood sheets, so I take offense to them being called vintage because it makes me feel OLD! (I think those sheets are on the girls beds RIGHT NOW, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Sadie!! Aren't they soft??

    ReplyDelete