Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baby talk strikes again

I come from a long line of proud baby-talkers.
Grandma Maroney: Hotseee-dis-tootsie!
Grandma Baldwin: He's a REAL NICE BOY!
And today, just after I got Canaan out of his bath I dried him off and as I dried his hair, leaned him back to have a good look at his fat, adorable little face and said/squealed: He's the coziest little baby! He's very cozy and so so SWEET!!
AND HE SMILED!! He's 3 weeks 2 days and he smiled right at me! Three gummy grins right in a row! And then one more just for good measure, as I put his diaper on and the other kids watched, then burst into absolute hysterics at seeing a real, non-sleeping SMILE from the baby!!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I finally got enough computer time to read all your Canaan posts! It goes so fast, doesn't it?!

    Please tell me you haven't worn yourself out with housework this week! I wish my own babe were more portable so we could come help, but he just won't sleep away from home for more than 10 minutes anymore. Not that I'm complaining... he DOES sleep! LOL.

    ReplyDelete