Saturday, January 06, 2007

One week and counting

We're one week away from our planned move-in date. Alif completely redid the staircase and it looks amazing. Last night and today he's finishing up sanding, and hopefully tonight he can put down the first coat of varnish. It's all coming together!

Yesterday the kids & I packed up the boys' entire room and moved it over - everything except their furniture and clothes. It was a lot of work but we were sure proud of ourselves when we were done, and it will be so nice for them to start out with such a well-organized room! We're working on Caris' room today and hopefully will get her stuff moved over this afternoon.

We had Alia's Birthday party earlier today. It was a lot of fun and I have to admit that my favorite part was the buffet food at the pizza place. They have a salad bar, amazing pizza (I had garlic pesto, garlic & olive oil, and alfredo) and a pasta and dessert bar. Mmmm. Mid-party Caris & I left to pick up some boxes from my Mom's house. We went back and spent about another hour. It was so neat to me to see how independent the boys have gotten. They're old enough now that they can go get their own food and drinks and even go to the game area without us right there with them. That's a definite plus to their growing!

So this afternoon we'll move stuff over and also go over to Fred & Juanita's to celebrate Yuri's Birthday. Busy day!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to actually pack and move things over!! I'm happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pizza place with buffet and good food? I bet I know where you went. (and I was pleasantly surprised at the food)

    ReplyDelete