Sunday, January 14, 2007

Whew!

I took the kids to church tonight while Alif stayed at the new house and worked on the crown & base moulding. During worship I got a little nauseous, so I sat down and was fine. Then at 6:45 I got a contraction. Nothing painful, just tight. Thought nothing of it. Until they kept coming, every 3-5 minutes. Just after 7 I got up and got the kids from their classes and headed home. I figured if this was labor, I didn't want to take any chances that I might be driving home in active labor. I got home and called LaMonica, Alif, Lynette and my Mom and told them all what was going on. They kept coming just as often, and the last couple were slightly stronger but still not at all painful. Well, thank God, the last one came at 7:58 and then they stopped. It's 10:04 now and I'm not having any at all. I couldn't imagine what a bummer that would be to have him TWO DAYS before our planned move date! LOL The good thing about it is that I got a lot of housecleaning done. I looked around at the moving messes (boxes piled high, stacked against the walls etc.) and just daily stuff and thought - well, if I AM going to have him tonight, at least the house can be as clean as I can get it. Caris & I got the front bathroom totally clean, then I put the kids to bed and cleaned the kitchen, living room, swept the house and in the meantime did 5 loads of laundry. Not bad for a couple hours' work. LOL

And in (even MORE) house news, the kids & I moved the kitties over today! Thankfully, they were both out soaking up sunshine this afternoon so we caught them without too much hassle. CC really did NOT like that AT ALL but at least I can rest easy tonight knowing that neither one of them is out in the freezing (literally) cold. They're safely in Alif's cozy office with their bed, food, water and a litter box. Hooray! Also Caris & I cleaned the master bathroom at the new house today. It felt great getting that done!! The only other real cleaning to do before we move in is the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen. BTW it is funny calling the upstairs bathroom the "master bathroom" because it's *tiny*. It's in the master bedroom though, so master bathroom it is. I have to say that once I got in there it really did seem a lot bigger than I'd given it credit for. It's small, but it's bigger than the shower bathroom we have at this house, so yay for that. And it has a really big medicine cabinet/mirror and the under-sink storage will hold cleaning supplies, toilet paper etc. just fine. We'll just keep our towels in the closet in our bedroom, no big deal.

Alright, I guess I will wind down and head off to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment