Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Works for Me


It's Works for Me Wednesday again over at Rocks In My Dryer!

When I went to visit my sister in Scotland, one of the activities that left the biggest impression on me was joining in with her Bible read-through groups. At the time she was part of two of them, and the format was so doable.

I tend to think of ideas. Big ones. And then never actually DO them. This seemed DOable. The groups were four people each. They met once a week for an hour. During the week they'd each read an assigned section of the Bible, and then when they'd meet back up they would discuss. SO cool.

I swore up and down that when I got home I would start up a Bible read-through group of my own. Then I found out I was pregnant with Canaan. And I got sick. And life got in the way. I'm not meaning to make excuses, it's just that I never made it happen.

Last night in bed I had a thought - would YOU be interested in being in a Bible read-through group with me? You, me and Mr. Linky - we could go places! Maybe we don't have the time or the gumption to meet once a week over coffee. Maybe it's too much work to round up one or twelve kids and gather in someone's home. Even though those options do sound wonderful. But we can meet here, can't we? In our jammies? With our hair in a mess and children eating scrambled eggs at the table?

So that's my Works for Me. I'm officially starting a Bible read-through group. Details next week.

7 comments:

  1. what a great idea!! I would love to take part-- I need some accountablity these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super! I'll be interested to see what you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting to read the Bible through in 90 days beginning August 1. I am preparing my mind for this in the next two weeks. While I am at it, I am finishing up a couple of books. I never thought about having a group to go along with me. Hmmmmm, interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi emily....just wanted to say thanks for popping on over to the lylah blog. your encouraging comments REALLY blessed me! thanks! lylah

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh! Count me IN! I would love to be a part of this, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome idea! Can't wait to start!

    Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete