Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Works For Me: The Five-Ingredients-Or-Less Edition

This week's Works For Me Wednesday is such a GREAT idea: we're all sharing recipes that contain 5 or fewer ingredients! I haven't ever participated in WFMW but this is the perfect week to do so, because I have a recipe that's at least 3 generations old and is a big family favorite.

Cranberry Chicken

Chicken (I like boneless skinless breasts but you can use whatever you like, enough to feed your family)
Dry onion soup/dip mix
French dressing (I've also used Catalina and it's fine)
Whole cranberry sauce - I like 2 cans

Mix last 3 ingredients and pour over chicken. I like to do this for about 6-8 hours in the crockpot but you could also bake it in the oven. Serve over rice. YUM!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, I'll have to try it.

    About how many chicken breasts and how much dressing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my family, I use probably 5-6 breasts and we have leftovers. There's no set amount, just as much chicken as you'd normally prepare for your family. I use one whole bottle of the French dressing. It's a smallish bottle. The great thing is that you really can't mess it up. The more dressing & cranberry sauce you add, the more sauce you'll have, and my kids love the sauce on the rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. Sounds like Thanksgiving.
    robin@heartofwisdom.com
    http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy. I was just thinking about starting some sort of recipe sharing thing where I could hopefully learn a new recipe every month. The 5 ingredients or less idea is great! Especially with the crockpot incorporated in it. I can't wait to make it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fabulous. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete